Hi All,

I have been lurking here for about a month and auditioning in the meantime. So, hi everyone Great forum!

So far, my favorite speakers have been the B&W 703's and the Paradigm Studio 100v.4. One thing to note, on the B&W audition they were running the 703's on a Mcintosh amp and 100's on a Adcom amp I believe. I know a lot of time we talk about how loud a system can crank, but at the B&W audition my wife was very impressed how crystal clear the sound was at a very low volume. The salesman said it was the amp that made the difference.

The reason I have not purchased the B&W or Paradigm is the price. That's what has brought me here, I like the idea of a quality speaker without the middleman to drive up the price.

So my question: Has anyone auditioned the 703 or 100's that ended up purchasing the M80 v2? I was very pleased with the extreme clarity and punchy bass of the 703 and 100's.

Also, what type of amps are you guys using for the M80's? I have a Yamaha RX-V1800 that I will use for the center and surrounds, but would like a 2 channel to push the 2 towers. Up until I started researching I had no idea the different opinions on amps putting out the same watts

Thanks,
Dave