Originally Posted By: AdamP88

I finally put my Vinturi to the test last night. I opened a 2005 Twenty Rows Cabernet and poured an ounce or so into a glass straight from the bottle, and another through the Vinturi. I picked up an immediate difference on the nose. So much so, that it really is a no brainier that this thing works. Not only does it open up the nose, it opens up and tames tannins.

Seeing how I didn’t do this blind, I did the same thing for my girlfriend, but I made sure she couldn’t see which glass was which. She picked up on the aerated glass immediately. She didn’t like the wine all that much that wasn’t aerated (she doesn’t like tannins). She did however enjoy the aerated glass, and that was not knowing which one was which.

Later in the evening we went to a friend’s house to have a couple bottles with him and two other guys that were there. I brought my Vinturi along….. All three of them picked out the aerated wine. We even did the test a bit differently with the three guys. I poured a glass from the bottle and let it sit in the glass for twenty minutes. I then poured a glass threw the Vinturi and proceeded to do the blind test. Seeing how I had not done a "blind" test, one of the guys switched glasses with my back turned. Again, I imediately picked out the aerated wine.

The Twenty Rows was an excellent bottle too… Very nice and less than $20.