From Jeff Beck's Grammy Award winning Guitar Shop we bring you Where Were You. This is one of my fav tracks.
It provides I think for an interesting observation on what was voted best instrumental album of the year.

Jeff is known for dynamics (trust me, I have see him live multiple times and it shocks you that a musician other than one in the classical genre understands this and uses it so much. The last time I saw him, I walked out and thought the guitar lesson to me was - my god man, use DYNAMICS when you play.)

This track is odd though in the fact it is well known that the guitar is HIGHLY compressed before being amplified and recorded. (FYI: So much so that it can not be performed live in the same rendition).

Hmm:
Clipping is not there - so good mastering. We do see less definition between peaks/valleys which illustrates the compressed nature of the music.

Oh, and I guess you can tell I am a JB fan.

Last edited by mapatton; 02/27/08 09:04 PM. Reason: still haven't learned to type

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.