Hey RMK - thanks for posting here. I really like the fact you had problems with the first two. Don't get me wrong, I'd hope you and everyone else would have zero problems, but you don't know how a company will stand behind a product until problems arise. Though the internet is a very very small place, and if a company didn't stand behind their products, they wouldn't be around long.

Hopefully this amp will last you. One nice thing I've found about electronics, especially amps - if they're good out of the box, they should be good for years to come.

The Audessy thing doesn't sit right with me though. Did the good folks over at Axiom indicate they'd get back to you with why (if) Audessy affects their amps. I assume Audessy (never had a processor that used it) put out a certain type of testtone not liked by the amp, or else what else does it do?

Also, and forgive my ignorance here, but why would you have to re-calibrate your system? I thought the amp would just supply the power required by the speakers based on the volume level set by the processor. I could see if you got a different processor, but why do it for a different amp? I put a 100 w/channel HK PA2000 (bridged) to my mains. When I eq'd it afterwords (with an RS analog meter) there were no adjustments required, sounded the same. However, at louder volumes there's no breakup in the sound (where I feel the difference comes in).

So if you (or anyone else here) cam enlighten me as to why you'd eq your whole system with an amp change, I'm all ears.... so to speak \:\)

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts RMK .... this amp could very well find a home in my h/t once I'm ready to buy!