Hello all,

Well I am getting close to making a purchasing decision on a set of new Axiom speaker but, I would like to get some advice on my potential setup first. I have some what of a difficult room which constrains where I can place my TV and therefor speakers. Price is not so much an issue as I will be keeping this setup for a long, long time ;\) FYI cathedral ceiling 8-15ft

1.) Are two EP500 overkill for what will be about 500 square feet or will it allow a more even base distribution at a lower volume?

2.) How much of an acoustical hit will I take by placing the M80 into a customer wall cabinets with acoustical screening over them vs. freestanding on the floor in the same spot? I am making some custom cabinets for my setup and would like to place my M80 in side the cabinets.

3.) Will my side and rear surround speakers work alright at these positions? I am worried that two of the listening positions on the sides of the room will be right under a wall mounted QS8 at about 5'-6' height.

4.) Will having the rear channels in the back of the room really help augment my sound stage given their placements?

5.) Last but not least my new receiver an Onkyo NR905 by specs should drive everything alright in theory. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this specific model. I know the 905 has a hefty toroidal power supply and Onkyo said 4ohmn speakers for L/R should be no problem.

Cheers all and I cannot what to get a system put together.

Here is a jpeg of my room diagram.
http://picasaweb.google.com/murphyalbums/HomeTheater/photo#5179293428895493394

Last edited by ScurvyDog; 03/19/08 03:57 AM.