I am not sure on the etiquette in these forums as the question I have is regarding HTPC and I know this site is used for speakers, but a lot of you guys are HT junkies and hopefully some of you have some nice HTPC rigs.

In a new HTPC you can have a Blu-Ray player and the new WinDVD has full support for True HD and HD-DTS. Current sound cards do not have HDMI out but they are coming out with them probably end of Q2 2008. So lets say I want to go that route. There are HDMI video cards, and will be HDMI sound cards. That leaves me with 2 HDMI cables from the same source. Isn't that a bit redundant? From my understanding the PC is outputting the HD video over HDMI through the vid card and then outputting PCM True HD through HDMI from the sound card. No receiver I know of will give you separate HDMI inputs for audio and video.

Am I missing something here, or are the sound card companies and the video card companies going to have to learn to play nice with each other and run the HDMI audio and video through one card and one cable input?

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated as I would love to have a fully functional HTPC!

Thanks,

Greg

M80s, EP150, QS8s, EP500, Denon 3808, PS3, Optoma EP1690

Patience is a virtue that can hurt you