Originally Posted By: mdrew
Sleep? If I get five hours, I’m doing good. It’s usually four or less.
Try to make it 6 and see if it helps with the recovery or are you like me and it just can't happen. I know on the odd day I do get about 6 I feel great.

Quote:
Four months later she shook my hand. She’s walking on her own now. She’ll probably be running marathons again in another year, knowing her.
If that isn't incentive to push yourself to be a better all around person, I don't know what would be. Glad to hear she has come that far.

Quote:

That’s why I say it’s a way of life and not a program. I’m in my 40’s now and I can feel the effect. I don’t recover as fast anymore and I can’t lift near as much or run as fast, but I still give it a hell of go. I have no choice to keep it up or start sporting a set of moobs. Plus, when I’m out of shape, I feel horrible and my demeanor turns horrible for anyone around me. If my cloths don’t fit, I’m uncomfortable and I just feel like crap all around. The downside is it’s a down right pain in the ass to find cloths that fit. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for the pro body builders….

You hit the nail on the head. You have described how I have felt for about a year now(luckily no moobs yet) and the nagging shoulder injuries just won't go away, partial rotator cuff tears numerous times over the years. Now when I push the shoulders a little too hard they swell up and it just won't go away. I have also been having trouble with my feet and as a mechanic they get no rest what so ever, well except when posting. I am lucky in that I really have no need for good fitting clothes, jeans and T-shirt are about as good as I need. Pro-body builders can get away with being in sweat pants and T-shirts 95% of the time and the rest is tailored to fit, they have it easy, at least until they retire\:\).

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70