Hey all!

I found out recently that one of my neighbors is an audiophile too. We’ve been meaning to get together to hear each others systems, which we finally did on Sunday. He’s got a nice sounding pair of Spica speakers and a good tube amp and vintage turntable. Together it was all lovely sounding.

When I bought my M60s I was planning on using them with a vintage Scott tube amp and an older Luxman solid state amp. (I swap speaker cables when needed.) But I got a really great deal on a Creek 4330R integrated amp a few weeks ago, and that thing just rocks the world!

So, the friend came over and helped me place the speakers in a better spot. Wow! Placement really means so much. I originally had them 8 feet apart, with my sofa 10 feet back. I found myself leaning forward all of the time - clearly my sweet spot was at 8 feet. So we moved my speakers to 10 feet apart and toed them in a little bit. Not only did I gain in the correct placement of the sweet spot, but I can’t get over how open sounding the M60s are now. It was as if they were too close together to really open up. Now they are incredible!

Two months after my 30 trial is over (I’ve had them since mid-January) and I’m happy as can be! Just thought I’d let you all know about it.

ZG

The more you love music, the more you love music.