OK, after striking a great deal for a used PS3, a friend of mine lent me his game and gear for 'Rockband.' In case you are not familiar, it is a very addictive game where up to four people can simulate playing on a pretend guitar, bass, drums and sing karaoke style to a ton of classic and newer rock songs. Play well and the crowd cheers and sings along, miss too many notes or sing off key and you'll eventually get booed right off the stage.

Awesome! But why is he so generous to lend me this $170 dollar game system. I'll tell you why! Because you can't get rid of house guests once you get it.

My buddies came over the first weekend I had it and stayed till the weee hours of the night Friday. Saturday, they just happened to be in the neighborhood again. Sunday, my nieces and nephews got word. No drywalling done in the new HT room last weekend.....

OK, should be fine till the next weekend, right? Nope neighbors dropped in Monday night. The little girl wanted to try out the drums. She had a great time but in the end it was her Dad whom wouldn't get off them. All good fun.

Tue, more friends whom rarely visit on the weekends much less a Wed. night. "Heard ya got rockband. How's that work now?....."

Last night, I had to move my mailbox out of the trench that the spring melt caused. The weekend friends suspiciously drove by and stopped to chat but when they realized there was a danger of having to grab a shovel, they carried on.

This weekend, a group at work wants to come over and try it out. The following weekend I'm out of the province but the weekend after, I'm told, I have to host a rock band party for everyone.

I think I have innocently placed all of my friends into a Rock Band induced, mid-life crisis!

So just to warn you all. Yes it's a fun and addicting game for all ages but be prepared to suffer the consequences.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.