I am not a handgun expert. I don't even own a handgun, just a couple of my father's shotguns that have high sentimental value for me. Personally I don't really see a need for handguns, but I was raised to respect and understand firearms and to respect the rights of others to own them. While I know how to handle a shotgun, I've shot just a handful of handguns in my life.

With that disclaimer out of the way....

One of my father's friends used to own a Walther PPK that he'd occasionally bring out when we'd go hunting. That's the same gun that James Bond uses, if the name sounds familiar.

It's been a long time, but I remember that it was a really slick little gun. I have no idea if they have problems or are junk, but I just remember that it was very small, very easy to handle, and was really fun to shoot. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than my dad's Colt .45, or another buddy's .38 revolver. I've always thought that if I ever decided I needed a handgun, that it would be the one I'd research.

Just my $.02 on the subject.

Rick, I'm in Illinois too. I've always just had my FOID card for the shotguns. Do handguns work differently in Illinois? Do we have any concealed & carry laws here? I've never really thought about it but have alwys been curious. This thread has re-spakred that curiosity and I figure that you would probably know!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office