Originally Posted By: medic8r
Which ones?

I won't speak for Murph, but I agree with what he's saying.

For me, comics like Sam Kinison, Andrew Dice Clay, or Jackie Martling (to name three that come to mind) aren't very funny because their acts were/are just meant to shock and inflame people. Obscene language just for the sake of being obscene isn't really funny to me. And believe me, I'm not a prude. I can enjoy a good 'bodily function' joke with the best of them, but it's just sort of mindless comedy that gets old after a few minutes.

Comics like George Carlin and Lewis Black use the same words, but in the context of making a point about society. In Carlins case, yes, he used the words to shock people. But he did it to point out how absurd it is that we have just decided that these 7 words are to be 'dirty'. His bit when he discusses the 7 'dirty words' is both intelligent and hilarious. Many people can't see past the fact that he's just using 'the words', and just label it as obscenity. Can't listen to that! It's their loss. Carlin, Black, and others make it a point to show us how silly and absurd our society can be, and I enjoy that brand of comedy very much.

An FYI for anyone with XM Radio, I heard that XM150 is doing an entire day of Carlin tomorrow. \:\) & \:\(

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office