For Beethoven's 7th, Deutsche Grammaphon has an SACD of #s 5 and 7 conducted by Carlos Kleiber. The sound quality is quite good, but I'm not particularly sold on the interpretations. I've got the complete symphonies conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt w/ the Chamber Orchestra of Europe, and while the recording quality is nothing special and the performances themselves aren't as precise, I really like the overall interpretations.

This Telarc recording has Barber's Adagio on it, as well as a great recording of Faure's Pavane for a Dead Princess and a couple Satie Gymnopedies. Truth be told I find the Satie and Faure more interesting performances, but it's up to the usual stellar Telarc recording quality.

I don't know if you're familiar with Rachmaninoff's piano concerti, but I'd suggest checking out #2 and 3, both of which have absolutely gorgeous second movements. Telarc has an SACD of #3 with Lang Lang playing with the St. Petersburg Philharmonic that's quite nice. Brahms' 2 concerti are also quite good.

Last edited by AdamP88; 07/11/08 12:10 AM.