Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Yeah, that curve looks incredibly wrong to me--way boosted in the treble. As Adam would say, "There's your problem!"

Also, 5 channel stereo kinda stinks--try using DTS:Neo 6 or Dolby Pro Logic IIx+eXTremeSTiUltra.

That will definitely give you a different sound. I'd also experiment with regular stereo, so you know what you're messing with when you turn on the surround modes.

Do you have your SACD player hooked up over HDMI?

I use a PS3 80G for my SACD player and yes it it hooked up via HDMI. When playing my SACDs I use multi channel direct and stream Linear PCM to Denon. I only use the 5 channel stereo for mp3s and other 2 channel music. I will give the other methods you recommended a shot.

Since my last post I've pushed the treble down to -5 and lowered some of the 8khz and 16khz levels and I can already tell a difference. I'll play with them more when I get a chance.

Does anyone use the 3808 and if so can you post or tell me what the levels are for the fronts? I understand they will all be a little different because of room acoustics and such.

Last edited by edmondwolfman; 09/03/08 07:35 PM.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember