Hello, I just recieved the Denon 3808 receiver and have some questions. This is my first receiver which will be soon mated with an Epic 60/500. I purchased the receiver from 6thave for $1148 shipped, plus $73.00 tax because I live in NJ. My initial thoughts are to send this thing right back and get something much less complicated. I had no idea even after several months of research, that this thing would be so complicated to use. My wife now wants to package me up and send me away after fiddeling with this thing for over 5 hours and not getting anywhere with it.

Do you guys have any suggestions on where to start with this thing? Do I need to attempt to download firmware updates or is this only recommended when an issue arrises. The manual states very little info regarding firmware updates and even says updates must be purchased! I could never comprehend out of the pocket expenses related to a product default. Could you guys help set me straight with this receiver?

As I already mentioned, this is my first receiver and my first HT project. I purchased the Denon based on everyone's rave reviews on this forum. Thanks for any replies.

Demetrios

Demetrios