Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Personally, I would love to participate in a blind listening test comparing a modded M22 vs a stock M22. Does your crossover mod change the crossover slope or frequencies at all? If it does, then, naturally, it will affect the sound of the speaker in a way that some people might prefer. But you don't need expensive components to modify the slope or crossover points.

Oh, and about you posting here, as long as you don't act like a shill and keep things civil, I think we'd all agree that you're welcome to argue your point of view. \:\)

I'm just starting to read this thread but am generally in agreement with Peter. I would do a blind test at my place and take Ninja up on the offer for a free trial XO, though i own M60s and not M22s required for the challenge (it is too bad since i've been itching for some more speaker tests and reviews lately...maybe over winter).

However i will at least sat this much, an "upgrade" to one may be a piece of junk to another but changing crossovers is not snake oil, it is simply swapping one speaker component for something else which can certainly change sound characteristics, for better OR worse.

The term upgrade is being tossed out like these different XO components are beneficial. In reality they are simply producing a different sound when used in the M22 (see the Ninja pages frequency graphs taken with a grain of salt since details of those measuring conditions is lacking).
Whether anyone prefers that new sound is up to the individual but using the term upgrade is rather typical for marketing the product and i always cock a cautious eyebrow when i hear the term.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."