When I was looking at TVs I was surprised that 52" really did not look appreciably bigger to me than 46", and 58" or greater is where I wanted to be.

CNET loved the Panasonic 58pz800u and stated in their review today, or yesterday: "The Panasonic TH-58PZ800U produces the second-best overall picture quality among flat-panel HDTVs we've tested this year. Its black level and color accuracy tested a notch below those of the Pioneer PRO-111FD--a 50-inch plasma that we assume matches the performance of the 60-inch PRO-151FD--and several notches above anything else we've seen in its class, including the THX-certified 60-inch LG 60PG60."

But they also conclude: "For folks just looking for a massive screen, regardless of form factor, it's still difficult to justify the higher cost of plasma over rear-projection. Our current rear-projection EC is the 61-inch Samsung HL61A650, a superb-performing LED-based DLP model that can't quite match the overall picture quality of any of those plasmas, but costs a dark sight less."

I believe you are on the right road regarding screen size, but if you don't feel like waiting it appears you would be well served by the Samsung RP.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."