The HL61A750 ?

Yes. I have this TV. I freakin' love it. I bought it from Amazon about 4 months ago.

I made a long post about it here.

In a nutshell, I had spent the last 3+ years shopping for an HDTV. I've looked at Plasmas, DLP's, and LCD's. Even projectors. I have spent hours comparing sets at big-box stores, friend's homes, reading reviews, etc.

In my research, there were two flaws with this set. First, there were complaints of 'drooping' screens. That is, the geometry wasn't quite perfect with the edges sagging. This seems to have affected only the early builds when this model was first released. Mine is completely fine, and the screen is flawless. The second complaint was of random power resets. Samsung released a firmware update sometime back in May to address this. My set came with an old firmware. I didn't have any problems but I went ahead and updated my firmware back in July. Requires a USB thumbdrive and takes about 5 minutes. Easy. I haven't had any problems before or after.

I have absolutely zero regrets and would highly recommend the set. Of course, with all HDTV's, you've got to tinker with the picture settings. This one was no different. Out of the box, the settings were a bit weird. Too bright, too much color. But after just a bit of tinkering, colors now look fantastic and black levels are great. No problems at all with glare or ambient light, even in my brightly-sunlit den. I've never noticed too-bright black levels at night while watching a dark movie, especially in 'Movie' mode. It just looks darn good to me.

Is a $5k+ Kuro better? Maybe. But for the $1,600 that I spent on this thing (no tax, delivered directly to the TV stand in my den), I'm completely satisfied.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office