Originally Posted By: fredk
Thanks for the review Jay. Did you try reversing speaker positions to see how that effected the soundstage?
Yes, I couldn't hear a difference.

Originally Posted By: sirquack
In regards to the tape hiss sound, your most likely hearing the snare drum brushes that are often used in Jazz music. The first time I heard that with my 80's watching her concert in Paris DVD

I am not so sure it is snare brushes, as it is such a constant sound through out this recording, it never subsides nor changes pace. It does make sense that it could be the snare drums, but as I recall, I can hear this behind the snare drums and when we switched from the Ninja's to the v2s the noise was gone and the snares are still there, at least at the volume level we had it at. Maybe it would have returned if the gain was turned up.

Originally Posted By: grunt
For your personal taste do you think the $317/pair cost of the crossover enhances the sound of the $470/pair M22v2 enough to justify the additional cost? Any idea how the $787/pair M22vNinja compare to any other similarly priced speakers?
That is hard to say, it has been awhile since I have listened to some ~$1000 bookshelfs and when I did I was never that critical, the price was beyond what I was looking to pay at the time. I will say that if you already own a set of M22s and are looking for more detail then the $317 is worth the money, just remember you my find them even more unforgiving than they already are, I know I did.

I think that might be my next round of listening tests. I found a couple of dealers here that sell the Monitor Audio GS10, they retail around $1000-1500.

Mojo does say hi to everyone and he said that if he wasn't so busy he would be around. Maybe I can convince him to drop in during Christmas if he slows down like most companies do.

JohnK, Mojo bought my line of you buying some M80's!!! Unfortunately I couldn't keep from smiling shortly afterwards.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70