I bought a Sony 52" XBR (120 hz)last year around Thanksgiving. I agree with Alan that occaisionally I see motion artifactss - mostly pixelizaton. This occurs not so much during fast motion but when there is a lot of activity on the screen. Activity such as maybe an action scene in low light where there is much motion. I do not think it is the TV as much as the compression of the signal. I was surprised to see the comment that side by side the Plasma does not experience the compression artifacts? I have never tried it - I just assumed that compression artifacts were compression artifacts. As for the lack of Black Level - in actual usage I never notice it. I do not look at the screen and think - "those blacks are washed out". Alternatively, if you are going to sit off axis as Alan pointed out, you do lose the contrast and color but that is not an issue for me either. As for the SD content - I would classify it as Good on my set. Glare - I would check out the anti glare coatings on the Plasmas to see if they degrade the picture quality either head on or off axis. Some of the LCDs - Samsung, I think also have put glass over their LCD's introducing glare.

The comment I would add is that all HD is not created equally. Looking at the network sports broadcasts - whether ESPN, NBC, FOX, etc., you can tell when they have brought the "good" equipment to the broadcast. Channels like Discovery or Nature channels can produce some real "jaw dropping" picture quality. Lastly, I would say "Trust your eyes, Luke" - not the Force..............Rob

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill