Originally Posted By: mdrew
We just watched the second Narnia last night and DK last Sunday. While I didn't like the movie as much as DK, I think it topped DK for visual and audio quality. I've not heard the SB's this active before.

I gotta disagree on this Narnia thing. Perhaps my TV is just not good enough to see the quality of Narnia, but on my 720P RP DLP, DK was leaps and bounds better. Perhaps in DVD Narnia is better, but on B-Ray it is not even close - again, on my set. The IMAX images on DK made my TV look better than ever before. Narnia was good, but the blacks were not even close, and clarity of only a few scenes equals much of DK. In essence, DK looks like live action (picture window), while Narnia looks like good special effects with that computer look. For sound, I can see Narnia offering more in terms of demo material in that is has significant surround action, etc. But again, I felt it lacked the clarity and precision of DK. Very different material, but I can see a preference for Narnia. But images, wow, I'm surprised there is a strong belief that the Narnia B-Ray is better than DK. At least it forced me to watch Narnia with the kids last night. All good! \:\)

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire