Thanks for the input guys. And, Jake, yes the deal was for both! What happened was, about three weeks ago I had been to Future Shop here in Brampton and talked the salesman down to $920.00 (Cdn) on a Denon 989 which seemed like a pretty good deal. So, a couple of days later I was auditioning some Paradigm speakers at one of our local hifi's and he asked me what AVR I would be using. I told him I had just picked up the 989 at FS and he tells me..." if you haven't used it yet-take it back, I can sell you a 2809 with an 1800BD (basically free) for $1209.05 Cdn". This includes 2 yrs ext coverage on the Blue Ray, without extended coverage was $1111.00 approx. He told me this was a Denon promo and it looks to me that not a lot of hifi stores are passing along the full discount of the 1800. For ex., one of the dealers in Mississauga was selling the 2809 for, I believe, $1299 Cdn and offered the 1800 at $499 if you bought them together. Quite a difference. Same two dealers were about $500-600 difference on the speaker systems I priced. BTW, as most of you probably know, who already own Denon, the 989 and 2809 are virtually the same exc. the 2809 has the 2nd and 3rd zone control.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.