Hi Everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Although I don't have any recent experience in home stereo, I managed to put something pretty sweet together back in the day AND we didn't have computer forums back then. I enjoy these discussions immensely!

I believe I may have stated (or maybe in another forum) I play guitar for a long time and did a LOT of research in more recent years and bought a fairly high quality PA System for a band situation (that seems to have such a hard time getting off the ground)

See http://www.myspace.com/themilestoneband

Anyway, I happen to understand, somewhat, about ohm matching as well as some forgiveness in exact matching in some instances. Any amp will work optimally when matched with a speaker ohm load and most amps WILL run above their normal operating temperatures when run outside of their recommended speaker load. My concerns happen to be valid. I have mentioned that I have already discussed this with Denon Tech Support and well as having all of the real world experience of so many of you and I appreciate all the patience. I already knew some what some of your responses to that other forum's posts would be. My question over there was for a direct comparison in a side by side review (hopefully unbiased)

I also understand speaker efficiency. ANY speaker that can be pushed with a minumum of 10 watts and a maximum of 400 watts speaks for itself. I have NO DOUBT that a 100 watt per channel amp will have NO PROBLEM pushing these speakers to a very impressive yet comfortable volume. (I'm not a kid in a R&R band anymore \:\)

I remember when I auditioned my ADS L810's 26 years ago. Subs were coming on the seen a bit but it was a known fact back then that a bigger woofer produced more bass. Having a speaker with 2-8" speakers produce better bass than the single 12" woofer didn't make sense. I understood that the 8's would react quicker. I was made to understand that with music reproduction that you would want a more natural sounding bass vs. a boomier bottom. The M60's more probably be a better fit estically as well as the room size that I plan to put them in. Athough the ADS speakers I had sounded great in the store and sounded great in my house, I always felt that they could have used more bottom end. I would prefer not to get that bottom for music through a sub especially HT subs that strive to get that house shaking rumble. (And I sure do WANT a sub down the road that will do a decent job rumbling my house for movies) All of the reviews and first hand experience tells me to go for the M80's for the bass response. It would be great to hear the M60's and M80's side by side but I feel I already know who would be the clear winner.
I do actually have a concern with the speaker placement in this room. The TV is caddy-corner and the back of the left speaker will be against the wall. The balance should come with the right speaker having no wall behind it for 10 feet. It certainly is far from ideal. At this point in my life I only want to buy one more time.

So sorry for the long post. I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for taking the time to answer me as well as so many others who come here.

PS. I had no idea that my receiver didn't have pre-outs. I will look into that.

Last edited by BoB/335; 01/01/09 12:48 PM.