I'm an electrician by day and do some side work at night. Most of the extras in my house come from my extra money. My wife knows I have been researching speakers. She also knows that I am fairly thorough when researching any purchase. She slao knows that I would rather spend a few extra bucks to get something good than to settle for something less and wish I had gone the extra mile.
She also knows that when I don't mention price it is because she probably wouldn't want to know. She does the bills so she will know soon enough when we get the Bill Me Later statement.

A funny side: I went to the supermarket to get Money Orders the other night. (Trying to spare my wife the shock of the coming bill) Money Orders max at $300. I aksed for 7 Money Orders totalling $1880 for my order. After counting my money the guy (kid) leaves my money on the counter behind him and disappears for several minutes. I'm in a bit of a rush. He finally comes out and I say that I didn't expect this to be a project. With that I see him holding this thick book and on the cover it says something about Money Laundering and he says I will have to sign something. I asked for my money back and split. (That's why it may have seemed like I was placing my order over the weekend and then didn't do it till Monday evening)

Another thing to factor in is that I lost my Mom in October and I will be getting some inheritance. (Probably should have ordered the whole setup)After everything is settled I will probably take the wife away for the weekend (it was a hell of a past 2 years) and when she is all nice and rested I will place the rest of the order.