That is coincedental I got my RPA-2 yesterday as well.

I have a rather large room 25x50 where the system resides. So I have a lot more air to move around than most, and sit at the closest 12 feet from speaker.

I had a Denon 4306 driving the M80v2's before. And I have had problems with the receiver overheating. I always suspected clipping/distortion issues when playing the music loud.

Well yesterday the RPA-2 arrived. I was blown away. My wife could even notice the difference. Although I have a new problem of how to fit this into the cabinet. Let me just say the bass was crisper, midrange was brought out more without making the top end overly bright (I think the speakers are a tad on the bright side here anyway).

I can honestly say I drove the system at very loud levels -5 to 0 for an hour or two. And I admit the loudness was starting to become uncomfortable at times. (I really feel the recording quality becomes a major issue). Never once did the amp hiccup. However it seemed to play louder than when played through the Denon directly. At levels from -10 to -15 the amp would start clipping. I do not play at this volume, but I was testing the amp.

I think the M80's are trerrific speakers but they really enjoy more power than a normal integrated amp can deliver. My recommendation is a separate amp is very desirable and required if you enjoy loud music (there I said it). I actually regret my Denon pruchase now, and wish I went spearates from the beginning.

People on the Emotiva forums where a bit surprised I could drive the amp into clipping. But I did. \:\)

Oh and BTW this is a class H amp and runs very cool. After testing for about 4 hours it was lukewarm but my Denon driving nothing was noticably hotter! (2 Channel testing only)

Next home theater testing....