Yes I like his use of language in general, of course I’m always a sucker for a tale of the North (e.g., Winterfell), where I grew up, and miss desperately.

Medieval representations such as these are also illustrative of our sad origins with regard to lack of respect for gender and ethnicity, a history of which we do well in my opinion to continue to take note, even if only in fiction:

“’You’re the ugliest woman I’ve ever seen,’ he told Brienne, ‘but don’t think I can’t make you uglier. You want a nose like mine? Fight me, and you’ll get one. And two eyes, that’s too many. One scream out of you, and I’ll pop one out and make you eat it, and then I’ll pull your f*ing teeth out one by one.’

‘Oh, do it, Rorge,” pleaded Shagwell. ‘Without her teeth, she’ll look just like my dear old mother.' He cackled. ‘And I always wanted to f* my dear old mother up the arse.’

Jaime chuckled. ‘There’s a funny fool. I have a riddle for you, Shagwell. Why do you care if she screams. Oh, wait, I know.’ He shouted, ‘SAPPHIRES,’ as loudly as he could.

Cursing, Rorge kicked his stump again. Jaime howled. I never knew there was such agony in the world, was the last thing he remembered thinking. It was hard to say how long he was gone, but when the pain spit him out, Urswyck was there, and Vargo Hoat himself. ‘Thee’th not to be touched,’ the goat screamed, spraying spittle all over Zollo. ‘Thee hath to be a maid, you foolth! Thee’th worth a bag of thappireth!”

Of course the dark humor doesn't hurt my feelings either! \:D

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."