We have three portable tuners 2 Roady2's and an older Roady. One stays in my wifes car, one alternates between my car and my computer sound system, and the third After posting the question yesterday, later that day I remembered when I first set my (pretty nice) boat up to accept one of the portable units, the sound was just very thin. Like you say Chris, I could hear there was a lot of sound just missing. I had forgotten about that, duh.

I mostly like XM for political talk shows (167 ;o) and music in cars. I listen to it in hose some times, but justas background music and not that much. I have not used my Sony 10 disc changer for a loong time. BUT, looking thru my CD's to pick some demo material out and buying Brothers in Arms & Dave Matthews Live at RC, I changed! I listened to Brother's on the way home and I was rockin out! I had forgotten how much I liked music. Weird, I know.

My home speakers, after moving the Cornwalls out were small bookshelves, so no big sound draw there. NOW I am looking forward to listening to CD quality music when I get my new Axioms. A longer story there as you know Chris. ;o)
Thanks, guys.

Dave

Last edited by davekro; 02/26/09 03:48 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."