It's just one of those topics that has a high likelyhood of not ending well. We're usually a friendly bunch, I don't think any of us are too keen on getting into political arguments that will only result in feelings being hurt.

Everyone is concerned about the economy. Even if your job is secure, people are worried. A constant stream of doom and gloom from the media tend to do that. And as Yoda teaches, fear becomes anger.

My opinion is that GM, Ford, & Chrysler have too many factories employing too many people producing too many cars. They're producing 1000 widgets a year and the market can only sustain 500. It's pretty simple. All three have been skirting the line on being sustainable businesses for years now. They're getting by now on loans. And just just like the millions of people who took out loans to pay the bills, that party is coming to an end.

If they're going to survive, all three companies need to be able to significantly reorganize themselves. And I think that the only way they can effectively do that is through the bankruptcy process.

It will be painful. But with pain comes change. Managed well, change becomes agility. Applied successfully, agility becomes success. GM & Ford can be successful companies. I just don't think keeping them alive on government life-support indefinitely is a recipe for success.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office