Originally Posted By: Worfzara
If you have never worked on an assembly line in an automotive factory, I can tell you, it's not a picnic. You don't even get to go to the washroom when you want too.
And if you do, Jim's Caprice shows up without a passenger armrest.

Reminds me of when Saturn started tooling up in Canada in the 90s and they sent around a request for information on the "best and brightest" to all the schools with Power Mechanics sections. My instructor, of course, told them he wouldn't pass along a minor's information, but if they wanted to supply information, he'd pass it along to his top students. I never did take a job with them, but it always put Saturn in a good light with me. They actively sought out talented young persons, not just "come turn a wrench and we'll give you money."

Is organized labour the perfect solution? No, it's the worst solution, except for all the alternatives. It's kind of the same as police forces - life would be a lot better if we didn't need them, but until then - they serve a valuable purpose.

Damn, these responses take a lot of time to formulate when you're very careful to choose non-inflammatory words and tone.

Bren R.