Hi, again.

Thanks, Bugbitten, but I am hearing the sound from at least 3 or 4 of the modules and now I am getting frustrated, so will probably send it back and suck up the lost shipping money.

Sirquack, I have a room about 18ftX15 or so and about 9 foot ceilings. I think I wanted an amp to try to upgrade the quality of sound on my analog rig. Also, for "easier" amplification that wouldn't seem to strain. The denon didn't ever really strain, but psychologically (therein lie all the problems!) it seems better to have higher volumes at equal previous denon settings. I thought this would be a step up toward more audiophile listening. My jolida phono preamp did make my rega sound better and so did other tt upgrades, so I thought a system wide thing would be cool. What's not fun about new toys? So, now I'm actually trying to think before leaping and considering a dedicated analog preamp and amp and specifically the belles 21a and maybe an odyssey amp. Seems like they might mesh well with my wonderful axioms and then maybe down the road find a way to give the rest of my axiom channels some better amping for m/c sacd's and dvd-a's. But - I could be chasing a small improvement for big headache. The denon does sound good, I would just like some more oomph. Any thoughts, anyone, on the belles and odyssey type situation? If this seems like a good path, would an ss preamp be less troublesome than tubes? I have heard opinions about tubes, but was curious about what y'all thought.

Sorry I'm not too articulate about what I'm after, but it really comes down to getting the most out of the music in a realistic way and I wouldn't mind being able to crank it without fear of messing up something in the denon or speakers. I listen to pop, rock and jazz and usually either vinyl or hi-rez, though I also want to eventually get a music server in the system. I do stream via the denon and via Pandora, but usually as background music. I like to listen to albums, one after the other triggering different dj sides of myself and not getting fatigued as if I'm listening to cds. That is how the vinyl hit my ears last weekend, but I believe my mood was sufficiently pissed that not much would have sounded great. But never heard Fagan sound sibilant before. I could not get that buzz off my mind and it is grating on my as I type right now. It's not quite like fingernails on a chalkboard, but the background buzz is in the same category to my ears. Then, I also hate the hd-dvd sound and had to move one of my units to another room. Well, any insight will continue to be appreciated. Oh - and I get the feeling Emotiva is not too happy to deal with another axiom owner. I revealed this to them prior to the purchase when emails were returned quickly. Now that I have a problem, we are working at glacial speed, though Lonnie did just let me know it is indeed he who is responding to me and that emails would be returned faster from here on. Thanks everyone!
Laura