Originally Posted By: davekro

I always thought the standard (cheapest) ground rate for UPS and Fed X was about 5 business days from coast to coast. Are you guys saying:
1) No, the standard cheapest ground is only THREE days, coast to coast? ( I don't recall that being the case in my experience)
No you are right, The cheapest is ground usually 4-5 days.
It is just my understanding and experience that the shipments generally make it cross country via ground in 2 - 3 days and add one more for final processing and delivery, if the shipment makes it in 2 then you could theoretically have it delivered on the 3rd day. Purolator up here is generaly 4 or less, especially on Friday shipped items. It will be there by Monday AM.{hint, hint} or at least in the recent past this has been the case. Most times Fed Ex Ground and UPS Ground do take the full 5 days. Although I have had them deliver in 3 or 4.

Quote:
(.2) Axiom pays extra for 3rd day air via UPS, Fed Ex or what ever carrier they use? If this is the case, Jay's statement that it is three days unless it misses a transfer somewhere, would fit.

Pretty much anything shipped air by UPS, FED EX and Purolator is for overnight shipments, not 3 days and boy do you pay for it.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70