Before placing our order for new speakers, I told my wife that we should do more testing. I took the Axiom AX1.5 from my computer and set them as rear speakers. Oh boy, were we amazed! it changed everything. She was finding the m22 a bit thin but by adding 2 speakers to the side, we felt circled by sounds.

I know its weird.. My surrounds are on the ceiling behind our listening position instead of being mounted to the side. I took the AX1.5 (plugged in as rear speakers) and placed them to the side.. I checked 7.1 and 5.1 movies and everything was excellent.
We did not have to crank the volume either at -12db we had hard time talking to each other.

I dont want to leave my ax1.5 in the living room since they are bulky and the only logical long term speaker placement position is on the ceiling.

We could buy a new vp150 and use the old vp100 as a rear speaker (6.1 setup). The QS8 would have to be moved from a rear to a real surround position.

But there is still a chance that we order the m80/vp150 & and qs8 ,if we do, I will use the m22 on my mac..

But in order, if I had to upgrade one piece at a time, I would get (in order): another pair of qs8 (for 7.1), the center & m80 at the end.