It sounds like you are describing the type of music you prefer more so than the speakers you like twoears. That said, I thoroughly enjoy playing a wide range of music on my Axioms. Acoustic artists such as James Taylor and The Sundays really shine on them as does classical and well recorded music of virtually any kind. I have a preference for moderate volume in general as well so I can "hear more". I agree with the advice that I was given when auditioning speakers...that would be to use your own music preferences(hopefully quality recordings), give your ears a chance to 'adjust', play at the volume you prefer, take your time and make a note of what you liked/disliked about the speakers so you will remember. It's always good to play "challenging" music with a lot of variance such as Classical music as opposed to Pop or Hip Hop.

Something you see more and more people doing is wearing earplugs at live concerts, which actually help you hear better if they are decent plugs. Often the arenas or venues that are being used have poor acoustics unfortunately.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.