Hello twoears (I love the name... twoears)

I've not heard the Monitor Audio system in direct comparison with any of the Axiom systems. I have heard both the MA RS6 and RS8 side by side and they were virtually indistinguishable, to my ears at any rate. Monitor Audio has always been a favourite of mine, British loudspeakers in general I confess, and so perhaps my opinion is prejudiced a tad.

One thing you should keep in mind when considering opinions from forum members, including those of myself, is that if an individual has not heard a set of loudspeakers over an extended time period of time, they simply don’t have enough experience with that system, and are making an educated guess on the sound of that system, which, indeed, is what most of us can offer.

Further, it’s very easy for an individual whose opinion is respected to influence the opinions of others. i.e. – Alan Lofft’s opinion of the M50’s. (I never thought I’d experience an employee trivialize a product their trying to sell?)

As I’ve indicated in past posts, I’ve never heard the M60’s or M80’s (I own M50’s, I love them) so I cannot offer an opinion. If I were to ever consider another Axiom system, the M60’s would be my “upgrade” (big maybe). I would not consider the M80’s.

Consider the impedance and sensitivity of the loudspeaker, but don’t get caught up in the numbers either, your ears will tell you far more than specifications ever will.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy the music, not the hardware!
\:\)

Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men died to win them.