+1 to what Fred says. It really depends on your goals for your home theater.

Rest assured that the M22 + good sub is a killer combo.

The only caveat to that is that your room is pretty large, 4,800 cu/ft. M22's are wonderful speakers, but they are still bookshelves. They may be somewhat challenged to "fill up" a space that large at higher volume levels. My room is considerably smaller at about 3,200 cu/ft. At higher volume levels, the difference in the room presence between the M80's and M22's is pretty clear. Even with the same sub at the same crossover settings. The M80's, with more drivers and a larger cabinet, can just move more air than M22's.

That said, I think you'd be quite impressed with M22's in that space, so long as you have a decent subwoofer holding down the bottom end. I was quite happy with the M22 + SVS setup for several years until I got the bug to upgrade to M80's. I'm even happier with the M80's, but I still love my M22's. \:\) Still, that's a pretty big room.....

You can tinker around with the Home Theater Wizard . It'll give you a ballpark idea of what Axiom would recommend. Not knowing your preference for music/movies, I selected all of them and the wizard spit out a system with M60's as the mains (+VP150 + QS8's + EP500). I can't disagree with that. Especially when you remember that M22's will need stands, and M22's+Stands are within a couple hundred bucks of M60's. Especially outlet M60's.

And Klipsch... I would encourage you to listen to them for yourself at a local HT shop and make up your own mind, because opinions vary. But personally, I don't like them. I don't have a problem with their bass or midrange, but I find their horn tweeters to be loud, obnoxious, and grating. They are very unappealing and fatiguing to me. I know that tens of thousands love them, but I am not one of them. I'd almost rather a Bose system than a Klipsch. Almost. ;\)

And don't forget, you can always email Axiom. They will respond. And perhaps surprisingly, they won't just automatically recommend their most expensive products ;\) .

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/31/09 06:03 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office