Interesting.

My M80's have never had what I'd call "killer bass". It must be my room, or the placement, or the amplification that I've used, or the music I listen to (Jazz, Classical, some Electronica) or my expectations of what amazing bass should be. Or maybe a combination of all of the above. At least compared with other full-range tower speakers that I've heard that have much larger bass drivers, with like 8-10+" woofer cones.

I did spend a couple of years in high school with various car audio systems that had a couple of 10" or 12" subs backed by 500+ watts, so my expectations of "killer bass" would be something close to being able to remove tooth fillings. ;\)

There's a pretty significant difference in SQ between running my M80's alone in full-range mode vs crossing them @ 50-80hz with my sub. They sound fine running full range, obviously better than my M22's. But there's a lot of low-end lushness and presence that a sub brings to the picture that my M80's alone can't touch. Especially on more bass-heavy music.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/03/09 03:02 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office