I live in a house in Brooklyn. I own Thiel CS 3.6 speakers. I'd like either the m2i or m22ti bookshelf axiom speakers.

My thiels kick ass except that my tweeter is borked. It sounds excellent unless something at a certain frequency plays when you're listening at a loud volume, then it sizzles. I've listened with earplugs and an SPL meter, at 120 dB with lots of music(andre rieu - greensleeves, most modern rock) this is inaudible, and with stuff that has certain content(massive attack - danny the dog from 0:55, or the final fantasy X soundtrack's guadosalam), it sizzles at 90 dB.

[REMOVED] I had m22tis 4 years ago that I gave my father as a moving present when I got the Thiels. The best way to describe the thiels was a step forward in the same direction. Accurate, honest, and coherent, but you hear a whole new dimension from what the m22ti put out. It's what you'd expect from something that retails for 10x as much.

If you'd like to just hear them or talk shop with a CD you like(if you're shopping around for a new hi-fi), give me a shout as well.

Last edited by axiom; 04/13/09 01:59 PM. Reason: No Selling or Trading Allowed on the Boards -- Sorry :)