Wow, you guys read fast and furiously.

I wasn't aware of the hacks for non Amazon content but knew it was only a matter of time. This makes it more appealing. Also didn't know about iphone integration.

I think I will wait to see what happens in the Netbook market. products like the Asus T91 show some neat integration ideas. The T91 is a long promised but not yet delivered, light, netbook sized computer that has a swiveling screen that folds down to make it a tablet PC with a touch screen. It runs XP but will have an alternate interface designed for the touchscreen that looks like it will be fun to play with. No multi-touch yet though....

The only way I see me straying away from the freeness of libraries (no e-content here yet) and the simplicity of books is if I can find a product that is the right blend of multi-functionality. I could really see the advantages of being able to quickly hand gesture my way through the 200 pages plus of reports that I normally have to carry into United Way of Canada Board meeting or work sessions. I find my notebook is a bit cludgy once you get too many documents on the go.

But also, if I invest in an expensive device to read reports (and novels) I will also want it be color, web enabled, app enabled, and probably a media player too. The new Asus T91 promises all this for an unofficial guesstimate of 500 bucks, not much more than a Kindle. It also sports GPS and a TV tuner. The GPS might be occasionally handy but the TV tuner might be a bit more luxurious than practical.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell this product. It's not available yet and although there is lots of Youtube demos of the Interface from CES in January, the interface still looks like it has a long way to go. But it is step in the direction where I might spend my money for a new device.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.