Yes I'm certainly not ready to give up on it yet, I am willing to try everything first. The comment about handling everything down to 18 hz is actually just a guess. I said that becuase it wasn't doing that during musical playback, and I don't think very much music is recorded below 18 hz (besides possibly 'Bass Boys'), so I was throwing that figure out there. It might be highter or lower than that for all I know, I do not have an SPL meter.

I played with the crossover between 40 - 150 hz and it didn't seem to help. Turning it down to 20 hz may possibly solve the problem, but if it did that would leave a gap between it and the M80's that roll off around 36 hz. So that would be an unacceptable cure in my opinion. The Denon's bass level is set at +4. I turned it down from +12 when I was using just the M80's (which sounded spectacular cranking out this much bass) because it was too much bass during music once I hooked the EP800 up. Mind you it didn't bottom out at +12, it was just too freagin much bass!!!

I will try setting it at zero, and possible even take some bass out of it to see what that does. But honestly, I would have expected it to be able to handle +4 with ease. I mean when you spend $2200 dollars on a subwoofer you have the right to expect it to pump out massive amounts of bass don't you think? You wouldn't think you would have to turn the bass way down in order for it to handle it sufficiently ya know? I mean sure there is always tinkering to do when you're setting up a system... settings to adjust, experimentation to go through in order to get it just right. But no matter what I never would have thought I'd be able to bottom them out so easily. I know everything has it's limitations but this simply can not be all the EP800 is capable of. Like I said, that wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to blow me away during movies, even more than it did during music. So something tells me I have a faulty unit.

CV, I figured as much. You no doubt are experiencing the EP800('s) the way they are meant to be enjoyed. I can't wait until I can enjoy them that way as well.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD