My memory's getting a little foggy, so we'll see what I can remember. My drivers were fine except one of them had a scratch, which I decided I cared enough about to have replaced. There was minor cosmetic damage on other parts, too. Plus, one of the volume knobs had been bent. New enclosure, new driver, new amp. I tried swapping out the amp, but even though I thought I followed the directions precisely, the amp decided to work, then make some disturbing sounds, then not stop making the disturbing sounds. I can't recall with enough clarity what it sounded like. I just remember it sounded very wrong and very loud. Anyway, my confidence was gone, so I decided to have them send two completely new subs. Thankfully, the new ones arrived in pristine condition due to new packing procedures, but it was a long time coming. It was agonizing since I had to wait out the whole preorder thing only to have problems which made a couple of delays before I could really enjoy my system. Even so, it was all worthwhile, but I hope I can avoid ordeals like that in the future.