Not implying that because of the 350 watt amp, I was implyng that because when I first started to inquire about subwoofer choices to go with the M80's I was looking at getting, the vast majority told me to get AT LEAST an EP500, if not go with either two EP500's or one EP800 to keep up with the tremendous amount of volume the M80's output!

So that got me figuring ether two EP125's or even an EP350 probably wouldn't be up to the task. And not everybody has $2000 + to put into just the bass end of their system. Like I said I've always thought Axioms subs were a little too pricey for the more modest buyers.

Not that they don't perform great, but the subwoofer market is chock full of very good deals. So unless you're anal about having the same brand throughout your entire system like I am, then I would totally understand going with SVS or similar competitors who offer more bang for the buck. Subwoofers are the one component that I feel don't have to be the MOST accurate speakers in the world, but can still be very effective. For instance Jay could get himself quite a bit of earth rattling bass with 4 or 5 hundred dollars now to hold him over. And when he's more flush with cash later on spring for an EP500, 600 or 800.

That's what I personally would have done if I were in his shoe's.

Last edited by Micah; 07/14/09 11:29 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD