Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Here is a picture

I have to say the Cowon iAudio D2+, LD MK III and the Alessandro MS1 makes for an awesome combo. I am still in shock at the dramatic improvement (totally subjective mind you) I am noticing in the sound quality with the MKIII and no it is not making my MS1's "warm" sounding

How about the cheap white, plastic banana stand \:D .

Is that a DIY stand?

Another thumbs up for LD. I have the LD+ that I use w/ my Grado 325i's. I changed the tubes to 408As and also rolled the OPAMP. Big improvement, much more detail and warmth.

I hadn't used it in a while, in fact I was about to sell it. I've been using a Leckerton UHA-3 USB DAC at work and wanted an upgrade. Then I went off the deep end... Pretty much hours after I had already ordered a new iBasso D10, an offer came up for a Ray Samuels Hornet M in green, yes a green Hornet. Bought that too. Was planning on getting the Hornet M with the hopes that it's warm sound could replace my LD I+. After demo'ing all 3 of my portable amps, I decided to fire up the LD+ last night. Then I figured out why I like the LD so much. Sigh...gotta keep it.

All this on top of the fact that I also jumped on the TTVJ HF2, the special edition Grado. I'm at the back of the line so I probably won't get it for a while but at least I'm in line. I also have to stop reading about the new Shure 840's. Those sound great for the value as well.

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 07/25/09 12:32 AM.