It was AIS off 56th street. The stuff they sell is not Owens Corning, some other brand. I looked up its density and found it comparable to Owen’s panels that you see recommended all over the net. They have both foil faced and un-faced. They are 24” X 48” panels. Not exactly cheap, but nothing is up here right?

I went through the same thing you are now. I asked a few questions, had conversations with the experts and ended up just knocking out corner traps to see if they would make an improvement or not. They did. If I ever get around to it, I plan on making a couple more panels. One will be hung from the ceiling and another will mount on a wall. Furniture and shelving take care of the other wall. My room is pretty small, so my M80 mains are pretty close the corner traps. The rear of the speakers are about 6” away from the traps. This thread has some pictures of how I built mine and what they look like in my room……

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=248931&fpart=2