[/quote] I know I've heard the name, but I don't know where. I listen to a lot of Swedish bands, so maybe one of them mentioned it. [/quote]

I know Roxette and Ace of Bace are my favorites as well \:\) (JUST KIDDING)

The secret to the Swedish music success is that there are tons of "room" around each city that you can sign up for and use for free for things like your own little band. Also everyone gets free music instrument lessons starting in grade 4 . You sign up through school, but it is basically an after school activity.

It is a lot easier for kids back home to get around. I took the city buss from grade 1 by myself and it just makes it easy to get into these programs no matter what hours your parents are working etc. This combined with plenty of places to play music has really lead to a ton of band succeeding from Sweden.

Lund has had their success being one of four original University towns in Sweden with a huge mix of cultures and backgrounds coming together. By the way for the person that went to Malmö - Lund is 30 mins away

Thanks for the interest everyone. Refreshing not to hear "I always wanted to go to Switzerland...."