Originally Posted By: gtpsuper

I usually push Axioms on AVS forum when someone asks for speaker recommendations.

And you lived to tell about it?

Axiom bashing was already a favorite pastime over there when I was looking for speakers a few years ago so I’m not sure how it all started (perhaps someone around longer will know for sure) but I think Adrian is on the right track. AVS is IMO dominated by “industry insiders.” The first hatched job I read on Axiom over there was from a B&M guy.

I believe miss/dis-information has also played a roll…the most vocal group being AV123 fanboys until that company started having problems. I haven’t read a “made my ears bleed” post since then.

I also got the impression from some posts I’ve read over there that Axiom got over hyped a bit for their taste so people probably took umbrage to someone coming into “their house” claiming there was something else as good or better than what they had for a lot less money.

Good luck trying to use professional reviews/measurements over there because as you pointed out anything good about Axiom is flawed for various reasons.

Lucky for me I’m not a lemming prone to following the crowd and by doing further research found that Axiom’s speakers seem well regarded everywhere I looked except AVS which tells me more about the AVS forum than Axiom speakers.

Would be interesting if someone does know how it all started if that can even be determined.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1