Hello!

Very interesting read this thread. Good pics from SS too.

I have some questions for you SS. As I understand it you are a very experienced audio guy so I thought I would just check some things with you about your test with the M80s.

I own the M22 and Im very happy with them. But, I recently moved and noticed a big degradation in sound when I had set up my system in the new room. Especially the "brightness" and "harshness" that people talk about became a big problem when playing loud, when it before the move was just detailed airy highs.
Both old and new room have concrete walls and ceiling. But the new room has bigger flat surfaces and a hardwood floor.
Did some exstensive reading about room acoustics as I understood that it was the cause of this.
I now have tried to fix things a little by adding carpets, curtains and so on, but nothing professional like absorbers.
The sound now is as good as in the old room, eventhough its not the "same" sound because of the new room beeing a little bigger and different layout.
Im sure you know about these kind of things, and how different sound can be in different rooms.

The thing that caught my attention is that your uncles room almost looks like a worst case scenario with wood floor and ceiling, and those big windows (although very beautiful).
Perhaps a good investment for improving sound would be some absorbing panels or something else that would damper some reflections?

All the best!

/Martin

Arcam AVR600
Cambridge Audio 640C v2
Oppo DV-980H
PMC GB1i
PMC DB1M-Ci
QS8 v2
EP350 v3