Is the Axiom tweet not a Dayton DC25T-8 ? It looks like they also use Dayton ODM woofers. This is not a good bad thing... just an observation. Owh and it sells for 16 bucks at parts express... Personally I would have used a Vifa D25AG-35 if I liked titanium tweets. It would add 32 bucks to the cost of fabricating the M80v2 though. Again just an observation...

Just like the Axiom philosophy it has a best bang for the buck rating.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=275-045&vReviewShow=1&vReviewRand=2010553

This comment is interesting,
"I experimented with these tweeters several years ago with frustrating results. Although the Fs will allow a crossover point of 3,000 Hz. with a second order filter, the sound quality was sharp, shrill and pingy...very metallic and colored. When I applied it in a smaller 3-way (8"woofer,4"midrange),it sounded very nice crossed over at 5,000 Hz. with a second order filter,although proper attenuation was critical. Several years ago, Bill Duddleston of Legacy Audio used a modified version of this tweeter for his "Studio" model speaker and crossed it over at 2,800 Hz. I,however, would not recommend doing that on this stock model. If you're building a small 3-way and are crossing over anywhere above 4,500 Hz or so, then you can't beat the sound for the price."

And you guys wonder why I worry about the crossover? I really find it funny a lot of you are more concerned about the bracket frays in the M80's innards than a very critical component in a 6 driver 3 way like the M80, the x-over.

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 04:34 AM.