Recently I was reading an old review (2005) on the M80v2 when it first debut and I took notice of the reviewers mentioning of where he found the M80's to sound best (to him). After much experimentation he settled in at 24 inches from the back wall, 6 feet from the outter walls, and 8 feet apart from eachother. Of course his room dimensions were different from my room, but I realized this was fairly close to where I found mine sounded best. After much experimentation I settled my M80's 20 inches from the back wall, 5 and 1/2 feet from the outter walls, and 11 feet apart from eachother.

I was just curious as to where others have settled their M80's in? And I won't exclude any M60 or M50 (do we even have any M50 owners in the house???) owners from this discussion. Book shelf speakers are a bit different, but hey if you want to throw your impressions of where they sound best, go for it.

P.S. It just occured to me that this has probably been done before. I haven't seen it been done since I've joined though, so this is a chance for new M80 owners like me to chip in. Does anyone have a link to a thread such as this from the past if there is one?

Last edited by Micah; 08/22/09 05:32 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD