Well I woke up this morning to find the second replacement driver sitting on my door step... that was nice. I called and talked to JC about the phase issue I'm having and asked if the 800 was designed to be 'in-phase' or 'out-of-phase', and surprisingly, he didn't know right off hand. So he said he would talk to Tom and get the right answer from him.

I know when I push one speaker in the other pushes out. But that's what it should do as it is a sealed enclosure (and air tight at that!). Pushing the one cone in displaces the air pushing the other cone out. So if that's the case, could they work in-phase in a sealed enclosure??? If it's air tight it wouldn't seem like they could work together going in and out at the same time... could they???

Anyhow, pray for me and my EP800!!!

P.S. (I was playing a wide variety of music this morning watching the cones to see if it's just a trick of the eye making it look like they're out of phase, or what. After close observation I can definately say that they are out of phase! They simply do not move in and out at the same time together).

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD