Well, everyone agrees that Axiom has great service overall.

I caught hell a few years ago for suggesting that Axioms' higher-ups should let "us" on the forums know when a new product is announced or something is changed.... but I still stand by that. Since we here often end up in something of a tech support role, I think we should have some information on such things.

Lately, I'm thinking that two different people have reported that the "volume" or "gain" knobs need to be turned up much more on their Axiom subs. Not surprisingly, when they come here and hear from others "Gee, my knob is only turned up a quarter turn... any more than that and I'd be replacing windows", they think there's something wrong with their sub. And no one from Axiom has dropped by any thread to say "we made a change", so the question STILL lingers as to whether or not these subs are defective or some change has been made.

God knows, I've stood on the soapbox regarding the stupidity / marketing necessity of volume knobs that provide full gain at a quarter-turn. I'd be happy to know if Axiom made a change allowing finer control over a longer rotation before max gain is reached... but if they don't tell "us", how can we tell others?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::