I suppose you're right, Axiom doesn't carry downfiring subs either, so scratch them off of my list as well.

Where I was coming from was I was trying to figure out in which direction to go if the replacement EP800 I have coming doesn't perform up to my expectations. I really did like the downfiring subs I've had in the past for one specific reason, the woofer is completely out of harms way as far as curious little people are concerned. No danger of accidentally kicking one and damaging it either. And I always found the dispersment of the bass to be more even (my personal opinion mind you, I have no proof to back that up). So I was looking for down firing subs to either replace the Axiom if I'm not happy with it, or even to accompany it if it does work out, but I feel like adding to the system with something that has a bit more slam. If I add to the existing sub, the next sub will be out in the open, perhaps next to a couch or in the corner somewhere. And since our HT pulls double duty as our sales/viewing room, it has to look elegant.

I found the downfiring SVS subs in dated articles and they were gorgeous. So I started to look to see where I could get one and found they were no longer in production. I thought that was a shame, because they really did look nice imo.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD